College proves to be a major turning point in every student's life: the avenues it opens, the freedom it grants and the resources at disposal, compels one to explore every path at the fork. And through this scholarship, we celebrate that exploratory spirit.
Before application deadline, every applicant of the scholarship should
- Achieve a passing grade in your first semester. Extra points will be awarded to every applicant based on their relative ranking among all applicants of the current application cycle. [NOT APPLICABLE FOR 2020-21 CYCLE]
- Participate in an online or onsite contest conducted by clubs/festivals affiliated with NIT Trichy during the current academic year. (Contests pertaining to STEM and related subjects are preferred*)
- Participate in an online contest conducted by an organisation other than NIT Trichy and its affiliates during the current academic year. (Contests pertaining to STEM and related subjects are preferred*)
- Compose a 1-page long project abstract to a project that spans over a period of 4 weeks or more undertaken during the current academic year. It can be a hobby project or for an organisation of your choice. (Projects pertaining to STEM and related subjects are preferred*)
- Complete an MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) of duration more than 4 weeks or 20 hours during the current academic year. You are not mandated to purchase the verified certificate on course completion. But proof of completion of course will be required. Suggested platform for MOOC is edX. (Courses pertaining to STEM and related subjects are preferred*)
* You can refer to the full list of subjects here
- Compose the following essays:
Statement of Purpose
Explain the pivotal moments during your scholarship application process that helped you explore and achieve clarity about yourself. How do you intend to leverage the learnings from this process through the rest of your college life?
Maximum 750 words
For your community
Elucidate on a prevailing problem
in NIT Trichy.
What was its origin and what are its repercussions? Suggest an implementable solution to alleviate the issue.
Maximum 500 words
For the society
Discuss a current trend/issue in the world and provide original personal insights on the impact it has on various other aspects of the society (economy, business, environment, psychology, etc)
Maximum 500 words